1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL drug testing is a joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Aug 22, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Players are given advance notice of test and can actually claim to be "not prepared to give a sample."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/sports/football/22testing.html?_r=1&ref=sports

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Read the story. The complexities involved in trying to administer what "the experts" would consider a legitimate test are to me degrading - starting with " must provide sample in full view of monitor". Not an easy task for many.

The story actually changed my outlook on the whole topic. It seems like bar for monitoring has been set at an impossible height.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I had to pee in a cup in full-view of a monitor for a job selling computers at Best Buy in the mid '90s. Players need to man up.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ha! I remember doing that for a seasonal job at Best Buy too. It wasn't that big of a deal.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Visanthe Shiancoe doesn't see the problem.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yep. I have the photos to prove it. You'd be surprised how many people actually think I'm required to "monitor" them. When it comes to the hearts of the hotties in the small appliances department, I go the extra mile to make sure nobody gets in the way.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

All sports drug tests that don't test for HGH are a joke.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am coming around to "so what" .

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Shocking! Next thing you'll tell me is that only 5% of baseball players were juicing(proof) as OOP would say.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

JC, what percentage would you say are on "the stuff" now?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, these guys just work out better now... ::)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted