1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Apr 27, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Deserves its own thread apart from offseason stuff.

Latest talk is that Browns are leaning Trubisky at No. 1. Consensus seems to be that is the wrong move.

Myles Garrett also not getting much love.

OTOH, experts/evaluators all love Jamal Adams.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Browns could have their choice of Jim Brown, John Unitas and Reggie White with the first pick and somehow it would all go wrong for them.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Vegas putting up numbers for the draft is genius. I wasn't going to follow at all, but thanks to listening to Big Game Brent's new degenerate show on SiriusXM, I know that the QBs-drafted-in-the-first-round line is o/u 3.5. So I'll keep an eye on that, just for giggles.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I am thankful every day that the Browns play in the same division as my team. Please take Trubisky, please.

grantcow likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

In fairness, a lot of people missed on Johnny U, including the Steelers.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but Trubisky could be a particularly ugly error. I understand the questions about Garrett. I've heard even experts who like him say he takes plays off. But I would still rather go that route than reach for a quarterback who might even slip to them at 12.

What about Adams first overall?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

McNabb just said Trubisky reminded him of Akili Smith. Oof.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's Jon Gruden's pick.

Heard an interview with him the other day. Impressive kid.

But no one will pull the trigger on a safety at No. 1.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my thought as well, that nobody would take a safety that high. The more I hear and read, the more I believe the Browns should do exactly that and take Adams.

10. CD Boogie

Hopefully the Steelers trade up and take him bc they need a playmaker in the secondary, something they've woefully been lacking since Polamalu's hey day. Maybe offer Martavis Bryant and the phone number for his pot dealer.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Steelers aren't trading into the top 5.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Actually, I seem to remember that Jim Brown pick working out pretty well for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted