1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the Redskins to draft Mariota AND keep Griffin, Cousins and McCoy.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If they draft Mariota, I'll just join a Sunday old man softball league or some shit.

3. Mr. Sunshine

I bet Cousins gets flipped for a late draft pick.

4. JackReacher

I think you're probably right. I mean, of the three QBs currently on the roster, Cousins is the only one who would bring any sort of draft pick in return. Maybe they can take that 5 or 6 and somehow turn it into a 3. I'd be cool with that.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I will be very surprised if Mariota is still available at No. 5. Hopefully, it doesn't mean it's because the Redskins traded up to take him. I think the Jets, or possibly the Chargers move up to take him.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I'm starting to think the Titans stick at 2 and take him. One of the biggest mistakes teams make is overdrafting QBs, but no team in the NFL is in worse shape at QB than Tennessee.

7. JackReacher

There is 0% chance the Skins trade up to get Mariota.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Next best thing would be for the Skins to take Gregory. It's legal to get high in your home in D.C. now.

9. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, I tend to agree. Unless there's more to the Rivers rumors, I tend to think the Jets, being the idiots that they are, will go up to get Mariota.

10. RecoveringJournalist

The two updated mock drafts on CBS have Gregory falling to No. 13 and No. 15.

11. JackReacher

Yeah. Gregory will be lucky to go in the top 10.

12. Mr. Sunshine

But the Redskins are dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted