1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 25, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Re: Running NFL Draft thread

That's pretty much what Landry said. He's so talented it's hard to pass him up, and then you hope he is serious about improving once you take him

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but that's after they wait too long and drop a spot or two.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You mean the same Kitna that threw for more than 4,000 yards last year? Despite a fairly porous offensive line and a lack of a real decent running game?
    He's not a long term answer since he's like 30-something. But a decent short term solution, especially since the QB class next year is deeper, according to scouting reports.

Mike Williams was the only one who didn't show up for mini-camp a couple weeks ago. Shaun Rogers showed up late. I'd bet he's cut by June, especially considering the WRs they have signed a few lower tier WR free agents recently (Shawn MacDonald, Marcus Robinson, Cliff Russell).

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Kitna is one of the few things Detroit has going right for it this season. He's not a pro-bowler, but he's certainly competent, which is more than what a lot of other players the Lions have can say about themselves.

He's an average, mediocre QB. But it's better than being a bad one.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

On ESPNU right now: ND-USC 2006. Brent calling it a "courageous performance" by Quinn. A manager then hands Quinn a phone on the sideline, presumably to take a call from a coach upstairs, and Quinn barks something quickly and hands the phone back. In other words, he doesn't want to talk.

And Brent and Kirk are digging it. Kirk: "Brady Quinn is in a war right now. He" doesn't have time to talk to a coach. Let him catch his breath.

It's quite the lovefest.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Was Notre Dame ever within 20 in that game?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That why, if I were Millen, I wouldn't mind taking Johnson with the first pick and then a quarterback in the second round to groom behind Kitna. I know they have a lot of needs, but it would be tough for me to pass on Johnson.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

[​IMG]

I didn't realize Wally Szczerbiak was declaring for the NFL draft as a QB :)

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, well, well, Adrian Peterson reinjured himself in the Fiesta Bowl:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/04/petersons_agent_confirms_injur.html

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Sounds perfect for the Browns. Now, instead of having to wait for the season for a draft pick to get injured, they can just draft them injured and cut out the middle man.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup. Very early in the game, the Irish and Trojans were tied at zero...

12. So is Berman going to give away every fucking pick again like he did last year?

Draft saved Draft deleted