1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Play!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Can I look at your copy of Swank, Arman?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If you believe that TV dictates everything about this schedule - why are the Cowboys-Vikings not in prime time Saturday? Or better yet - why are the Jets, with that New York Market, not in prime time......

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

The schedule was made BEFORE the wild card games were played.

Obviously, CBS wanted Peyton in prime-time. Had the Pats won today, it would have been Jets-Indy on Saturday night ... the best CBS could hope for.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

spnited nailed it, because they want Peyton in prime time Saturday. It's where they had the Colts play last year when they lost to San Diego in the wild card round.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The NFL would dearly love the Cowboys and Jets to hang around for a good long while this postseason. I know, I know, there's nothing cooking. Just taking that sentence at face value.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

But the schedule was made prior to the wild card round. And, I repeat, had the Pats won today, the Jets would be in Indy on Saturday night.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the NFL Playoffs draw huge ratings regardless of whoever is playing at a particular time slot.

8. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I hope everyone jumps on the Cardinal bandwagon as the hot team. Please. Do it, I'm begging you.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Then it would be about how the NFL wants the Jets playing on a Saturday night in prime time.

Heck, I'm sure the league did want that, because then it also meant New England was still alive. But with Peyton Manning being arguably the league's most marketed player, having him play in prime time was a lock. The rest of the schedule just kind of fell into place after that.

BTW, does anyone else think Jim Nantz is waking up this morning still cuddling with Belichick?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Go ahead.

YOU give Warner points in the playoffs.

See where it gets you.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Why would you expect the schedule to be done . . . you know, logically and with some thought put into it?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Dallas gets ahead quickly by one or two TDs, though, that takes Peterson out of the equation and forces Favre to start throwing — and guys like Ware and Spencer will be licking their chops.

The first 15-20 minutes of the game are going to be the key. The Vikes are built extremely well to protect a lead. I don't know how well they can play from behind. Until the end of the year, they hadn't been behind that much. If they're ahead at the half, that spells good things for folks in Hotdishistan.

Draft saved Draft deleted