1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

EST

Minnesota @ San Francisco (-6.5) (46) 4:35 NBC
    Tennessee @ Baltimore (-9.5) (48) 8:15 CBS

Houston @ Kansas City (-9) (49) 3:05 CBS
    Seattle @ Green Bay (-4) (46.5) 6:40 FOX

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ravens have been great, but 9.5 is a lot to give to the Titans.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I would bet every penny I had on the under for Vikings-Niners.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'll be at Sunday's game in K.C. — thanks, Swingwife's cousin — but, man, giving nine points seems like a lot.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Minny has the tightest turnaround, going from Sunday in New Orleans to early Saturday at SF. Taking the Niners and only laying 6.5 sounds good.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I do not care for the league anymore, but it's like seeing your ex-girlfriend at the mall - you don't want to be with her but can admit she was looking pretty hot.
    The NFL had as good a round as it could have hoped for. Good games, relatively controversy-free.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what time is the patriots game

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Noon ... on Sept. 13.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Seems more likely than not we'll get an upset. Since the 2005-06 playoffs, only twice (last year and 2015-16) have all four home teams won on divisional weekend.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My god, eight months away...

Football season is too damn short. I wonder if they've considered adding additional games?

EDIT: Seriously, wouldn't it be better for them to play every two weeks or every 10 days instead of every week. So stagger the games out, to give teams and players more time to rest, and also give the fans more product. I mean, the NFL red zone channel is great and all, but I'd still rather watch entire games, not have to chose from a cluster of games or get bounced around all afternoon with the Red Zone channel.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Here are your divisional round white hats, one of whom will be in charge of Super Bowl LIV.

Vikings at 49ers: Walt Anderson (two previous Super Bowls, one as referee, Steelers-Packers nine years ago)
    Titans at Ravens: Bill Vinovich (one previous Super Bowl, Seahawks-Patriots five years ago)
    Texans at Chiefs: Shawn Hochuli (not eligible for the Super Bowl)
    Seahawks at Packers: Clete Blakeman (one previous Super Bowl, Broncos-Panthers four years ago)

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Christ. How does Hochuli's kid already get a second-round game?

poindexter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted