1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Defensive ROY -Cushing Tests Positive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 10, 2010.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He is using the connections made through the job for an outside enterprise. Amazing.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I heard Glazer on radio during draft mention that Falcons were employing his company. I imagine that Roger Goodell might now have some interesting thoughts on that business relationship.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not defending Glazer, because he has not tried to hide this (which does not make it OK), but almost everybody at ESPN, and probably a couple at other places have conflicts of interest.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

List them.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

As a Packer fan, I'm naturally wondering about Clay Matthews now. He probably at least knew Cushing was juicing, wonder if he was/is too.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How about as an NFL fan you should be wondering who isn't juicing or using some form of PED's.

7. Mizzougrad96

Find out how many of them have Trace Armstrong or someone at his firm as an agent. Most of them do.

8. Mizzougrad96

The smart players are on HGH, which they do not test for.

The stupid ones take something they do test for.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Them" who?

10. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

The smart players know how to beat the tests. In fact, most of the dumb ones do.

And someone is wondering whether Clay Matthews has taken steroids?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

There have been questions about Cushing since his sophomore year in high school.

As for Glazer, if he is a partner in a company that depends on NFL players for its existence, how has he got any credibility on any NFL story? How can FOX even employ him?

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I really hate what steroids have done to sports. There ARE guys out there who are doing it naturally.

What makes you SO SURE Clay Matthews is using steroids? I really want to know, bot trying to be a dick. I'm not naive, it's just that now, every guy with some muscle tone is accused of using steroids. Every guy who hits 40 home runs MUST be using steroids. It is possible to become large and muscular with good genetics, diet and training. There are guys out there doing it. I hate blacklisting every single power athlete without any evidence.

Draft saved Draft deleted