1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Countdown Commercial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 14, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe its old, maybe its new. I saw it in the gym on Sunday.

They show Cris Carter "preparing" for his duties by running routes, running the bleachers. I believe Keyshawn is doing a workout as well.

They show Mort and Schefter in some sort of sterile smartphone lab, and they get their smartphones and start furiously typing/tweeting.

Next is the show's Grand Poohbah, Berman. The producers of the commercial now had a dilemma: What are we going to have the fat fuck doing to represent *his* contribution to the show? They settled on putting him in front of a grand oak bookcase, camera down low, facing up to him, as he gives the camera a stern look. What a doosh.

Has anybody else seen this commercial?

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

They should have shown him scarfing hot wings at Applebees

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actually - checking liner notes from LPs to crib lyrics for his copy would seem about right for Berman. Or pushing buttons on a Nickname Generator...

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never would have expected this from ESPN.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You'd have to pay me a sizable sum of money to sit through that entire commercial.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

They should've had him inspecting the finished products at a tannery.

Draft saved Draft deleted