1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Conference Championship Sunday: Blake Bortles' Date With Destiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I believe much of the Nantz-Pats criticism is misplaced and should have been aimed at his former partner Phil Simms.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Newsflash: teams that consistently win get fawned over.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's because if an announcer says 28 positive things and two negative things over the course of a broadcast, message boards the next day will be filled with "Did you hear so-and-so ripping our team?"

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Brady hurts hand at practice yesterday, didn't practice today, I'm going to go take a nap in my garage withy car running.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A lot of the bad rap for Buck comes from baseball, where a) Local broadcasts rule, and fans are conditioned to hear the hometown story, and b) I get the impression he doesn't care as much for, say, a San Francisco-Kansas City World Series as he would for Yankees/Red Sox vs. any NL team.

Golf? Let's stipulate it's been a disaster and move on.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for a referee to blow a crucial call and the winning team flooding his charity of choice with money.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He also played golf in college. Was, famously, a teammate of Fred Couples.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Feels like Hoodie playing games.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I like to think Tom sliced his hand up cutting avocados. Or maybe he inadvertently touched a tomato.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Tahoe would be good. It's 15 minutes from both teams.

HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Good on Sean Payton for playing along with the couch from a company in MN. No snark, nice recovery.

I’ve no faith the Vikings emerge victorious, either Sunday or at the allegedly bird-killing stadium should they make it that far.

Don’t know if it been proven that birds do indeed fly into the fucking thing. Don’t think so, need an I-Team out there.

But if they do win Sunday and later in the Zygi Dome, hey, stranger things have happened.

#trump

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted