1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Combine Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Welcome to Day 3.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's hilarious... Before the bowl game, there were places that had Te'o going as high as No. 8 to Buffalo. He was a mid first-rounder before the scandal and a late first-rounder after the scandal and after his interview session, they had him coming back up to the middle of the round.

4.81 should clearly knock him out of the first round.

3. Mizzougrad96

I guess they couldn't find any fake dead people to chase him.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They said he dropped 15 lbs for combine to run better. Declined to bench.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"And with the first pick in the third round, the Saskatchewan Roughriders select..."

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

This is the NFL Combine Running Thread. Please start an NFL Combine Lifting thread to talk about that.

Thanks.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

If the roster is good except for a top-notch QB, how is trading the No. 1 choice going to help in that regard?

They'll address QB by trading for Alex Smith, get the best player (according to their board) in the draft and go from there. If they can get some sucker to give them a great package for the pick and get a couple of first round-caliber players, great, but what's the urgency to make a deal? Do you expect them to get their QB of the future with one of the picks they acquire?

8. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

It appears as though that's where he was expected to be.

“Scouts, before the season, estimated him right around 4.8 seconds,” said draft analyst Scott Wright of draftcountdown.com. “That’s kind of the over/under for him. He’s come in a little lighter (than his 255 playing weight at ND) at around 240, so it will be interesting to see what that does.

“Anything over 4.8 would cause some concerns. Anything under is a plus. He was never expected to come in and blow people out of the water and be a workout warrior. As long as he does an adequate job, I think that’s what people are looking for.”

9. Mizzougrad96

On one of the draft sites, they had listed his speed at 4.75. He was one of the slowest linebackers there and at his size, that would be a huge concern.

I think short of a huge pro day, he's clearly now a second-rounder.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Vontaze Burfict and Brandon Spikes both ran over 5.0 at the combine and have been productive so far. The slow 40 will cost him money but I still think he will be a quality linebacker.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

John Harbaugh not impressed with Teo 40. Watch him shake his head when Teo gets to
    20 yd mark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000145057/Te-o-disappoint-Harbaugh

12. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I saw that... A lot of mocks had him going to Baltimore too...

Not anymore...

Interesting that the player Te'o is most often compared to, Lofa Tatupu, ran a terrible 40 at the combine and then was significantly faster at USC's pro day.

Draft saved Draft deleted