1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL combine results

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hammer Pants, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Anyone have the NFL combine statistics? Are they coming over the wire? I saw some figures from ESPN, but I was hoping the NFL would release the official numbers from today somewhere. I’m looking for today’s complete results.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was looking for them earlier as well.
    I didn't see them on nflmedia.com, so I didn't know what the deal was.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There are stats from the combine? Next thing you're going to tell me is people use them in their fantasy combine leagues.

4. Hammer Pants

I am embarrassed as I ask for them, for what it’s worth. But bossman gets what bossman wants.

5. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Just tell Bossman that the Super Bowl champs have clinched home field advantage and are 6-point favorites.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

your boss doesn't know spit. they don't hand out the "stats." they're leaked out very slowly during the combine. folks will have the results within a few days -- after their sources get home and get them to us. 8) 8) 8)

7. Hammer Pants

Word. Thanks.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Or you can go here and check them out. There's a link to the third day results on the nfl.com front page.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

wow. the nfl network has really loosened up the league. these results were previously such guarded secrets. :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. somewriter

somewriter Member

Those are numbers NFL Network got by broadcasting the thing and timing everybody themselves. There are no "official" numbers - every team has somebody there timing everybody. One guy will have a 4.54 40 and somebody else will have it in 4.59 - subtle difference but differences still.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

which is why guys run more than once and all times are put in the official box the nfl puts together for the teams. 8)

12. Hammer Pants

Yeah. I saw those but didn’t want to run part of them. Wanted to know the whole thing. Turns out I might not get those, at least not today.

Draft saved Draft deleted