1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL.com: worst FF draft program

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Just used it for one of my main money leagues and it's a terrible application. Anyone else use it?
    It wouldn't let me stack up on RB's before I grabbed a QB or TE!

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, just stick with Yahoo. It's the best one I've seen so far.

3. Madhavok

My serious money league that I care the most for is out of Yahoo! I joined this other league just a few days ago and the commish wanted to use NFL.com because it had live stats and such. But really, if you know the system for scoring, keep up with your players and do some math, it's not that freaking hard to keep track of how you're doing through the day.

Lame.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Stat Tracker for Yahoo is only like $8 and you get it for every team you have in Yahoo. Best $8 spent in fantasy, even though it does mess up once in a while.

5. I used NFL.com a few years back when it was free, and it was great. I can't say I had any problems with the draft, and it was definetly better than Yahoo when I used it next year after NFL.com started charging.

6. Madhavok

The only thing I don't like about it just how the draft application operates. You have to to draft a lower-level position (kicker, def..) before you start stacking up on RB's or WR's...that's what got me.
    But regardless, my team is pretty good but it really messed up my QB options.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That really is a horrible, horrible way to run a draft.

8. Was that an auction draft? In the regular draft, you can pick whoever you want whenever you want.

9. Madhavok

I'm not really sure of the specifics with the draft..I woke up right before it...

This is how my draft went:
    RB
    WR
    RB
    WR
    RB
    TE
    WR
    K
    WR
    QB
    QB
    DEF
    DEF
    TE

My draft was going great with the players I was picking until the double-QB crap happened. It automatically picked a QB for me when I was trying to get a RB who had slipped. Thus I was stuck with Aaron Brooks and pretty much wasted a pick on him. I did get the one QB I wanted but the guy I wanted from the get-go went the pick before and kinda trashed it. Though, I'm in the works of trading for Eli or Plummer...

Draft saved Draft deleted