1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Class of 2009 HOF Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 31, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah cause redemption from poor play or being on a bad team is unforgivable. But doing lines of coke in your locker is cool as long as you produce.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't what I wrote. If you want to try to make the argument that Carter didn't get himself clean, go for it. The evidence doesn't back you up, but that's never stopped you before.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are 25 guys on a baseball team and 53 on a football team. Therefore, the Football Hall of Fame figures to be bigger than the baseball one.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Kurt Warner vs. Cris Carter.

Well... all coke issues aside, I'd say that Warner is a BIT more of a team leader than Cris Carter ever was. Having covered those Vikings teams of the late 1990s, Moss caught all of the flak in the locker room while CC -- for some reason -- usually went above reproach. Yet CC was the definition of a 'diva receiver'.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Except that the Baseball Hall of Fame has been around since 1936; the Pro Football Hall of Fame only since 1963. And professional baseball has existed in some form since the 1870s; pro football in a recognizable form only since 1920.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I was at that game as a kid, too.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

What would have been his eighth sack turned out to be the game-winning TD pass by Krieg, right?

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yup. Kreig somehow shook him off and threw the TD pass. If it wasn't the last play of the game, there were less than 5 ticks left.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Paul Skansi, right?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

You got me there. First, I, like everyone else, was trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Second... I was 11. :)

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep, Paul Skanski. The poor man's Steve Largent on that team.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I wonder how long Cris Carter will stay in his room this time. Last year he as despondent when he did not make it.

Draft saved Draft deleted