1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2017 off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 24, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Given Anderson's injury history, you're probably right. Charles is likely to get more work than he should at some point.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jamaal Charles, HOF?

Asking for a friend, etc. ...

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Expletive Frank Clark. If he's not guilty yet, he will be. And you are right. No team is clean here.

QYFW likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There are seven active quarterbacks with more playoff wins than Kaepernick. You would think some team would sign him for insurance. I get the coaches in their first year (or possibly last) not wanting him as a starter or whatever. But you would think people remember what happened to Oakland last year and not want to just go all or nothing with the position when it comes to the playoffs. I think Kaepernick would take a backup job at this point.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised by that as well. I'm trying to think which contender doesn't have a viable backup right now. Did the Raiders upgrade behind Carr?

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It depends on whether GMs and coaches see him as a disruptive influence. You're willing to live with that if you think the guy is good enough to be your starter. For a backup? It ain't worth the trouble.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is he better than Kellen Moore?

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

They signed E.J. Manuel to do manual labor.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good information with groan-worthy presentation, but thank you.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Joe Thomas hit the nail on the head: No coach wants to put up with any distractions from a backup. The most likely scenario is that he gets signed as an emergency starter in midseason.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree. Or during training camp if somebody gets unlucky in the exhibition season. I honestly think Kaepernick would've been better off not soft-pedaling his beliefs. Now if I were a coach or GM, I'd be wondering what the hell next would float through his head and get stuck there.

Draft saved Draft deleted