1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFC playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jan 2, 2007.

?

Who wins the NFC?

1. Chicago

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. New Orleans

37 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. Philly

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Seattle

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Dallas

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Giants

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. pallister

pallister Guest

What about Dan Doornink?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Wither Kenny Easley?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I had about 376 duplicates of his 1979 Topps football card. I didn't find that in a Yahoo search but I did find this. Apparently the woman in this pic is his wife. She looks old enough to be his mom.

[​IMG]

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Wife? Yikes!

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Doornink is now a very successful doctor in the Seattle area. And a hell of a nice guy.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

For some reason, he was always my favorite Seahawk, although I did wear No. 28 in jr. high football because of Curt Warner. Liked the Seahawks back in the day, probably because of the underdog factor.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dave Krieg might be my favorite player ever. I loved how he went to a school that no longer existed by the time he became an NFL star. He played at like a Division 10 school yet ranks in the top 10 in just about every passing category. Loved how he played for about 35 years and started everywhere he went until he got to Tennessee.

Viva la Kriegball!!!!

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I am dronke. Good night boys.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just remember watching him growing up and Krieg failing every Seahawks fan by starting his throw forward only to drop the ball behind him for a touchdown/fumble recovery for the other team. It seemed like he did this all the time.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Funny Curt Warner story, at least in my mind.

I knew this guy in college that claimed to be a diehard Seahawks fan and we were watching the playoffs together, granted the Seahawks weren't in them, but the Rams were. Dude is spouting off to the entire dorm about how much he loves the Rams. Finally someone asks him why he loves the Rams so much. He responds, 'because Curt Warner plays for them.' Being the dick I am, I say, what do you know about Kurt Warner? He responds, 'he was my favorite player growing up.'
    So, now, I am really confused. I say, 'no one has ever heard of Kurt Warner before this year.'
    He responds with this gem, 'Dude, you are an idiot, he was a running back for the Seahawks when we were growing up.'

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is an awesome story.

Didn't this dilweed find it odd that a running back would change positions 15 years after his prime? And didn't this dilweed notice that this Kurt Warner was, uhh, a bit paler than the guy who played running back?

12. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Bears

Draft saved Draft deleted