1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Newt Gingrich's nomination as the GOP presidential candidate would not only lock in an Obama victory in November, but would also keep the Senate in Democratic hands and make Nancy Pelosi speaker again, according to elections predictor Larry Sabato's UVa Crystal Ball team.

Simply put, says Sabato, it would be a "Newt-Mare." A Gingrich nomination would be "a nightmare for Republicans" by turning many purple states blue and giving Obama a starting point of 303 Electoral Votes, 33 more than needed.

Sabato's new maps back up whisperings in Washington GOP circles that his nomination would have the Republicans surrendering control of the House and giving up a chance at the Senate.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/01/27/sabato-warns-of-electoral-newt-mare

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gingrich just doesn't have the stick-to-itivitity required to be a presidential candidate. He's capable of short bursts of effective political activity, but then his mind wanders, and we're all off to the moon. Boring grinding out of the same old crap every day is what a successful presidential campaign requires. He just can't do that.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have to admit, the whole Leroy thing has thrown me.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think Newton Leroy's father was Nuton Lyroi Obama, a visiting itinerant scientist from Kenya who established a colony on the moon in 1962.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Disregard. That's just more Mitt scare-mongering.

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

News from Newt world:

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

The little feller has lost his damn mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted