1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek: Single Moms Look Up To Gosselin, Palin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 30, 2010.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I find the amount of women who I have met in my own life who "admire" either or both of these two to be both staggering and embarrassing.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What she said. How nice you know what every woman wants.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Kate and Jon were never made for each other. The both of them could barely tolerate each other. Palin's popularity is because we can't get enough of hoping for her to go into trainwreck mode.

In a perfect world, the less we talk and watch these individuals, the less relevant they will become.

Only a bunch of fools would continue to say "we can't stand them" and yet keep posting comments and talking about them. Such a waste of time.

Maybe that should "balance" Shaggy and KJIM's POV.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

She quit to cash in on her celebrity.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Luckily she was able to find another job so she didn't have to rely on assholes like Jim Bunning.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They also admire Wlat.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's too easy to say that it's natural for women to "admire" them, because there are as many women who are not.

Those who "admire" them are probably the same ones who spend all day watching Oprah, fawning over Rielle Hunter, and think that Heidi Montag did the right thing by fucking herself up with plastic surgery, all because she wasn't happy with the way she looked when being compared to Lauren Conrad.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ditto. Horrifyingly, some of the women I know who feel this way
    are actually smart.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I need to broaden my circle of friends, I guess. I'm a woman and no one I know looks up to either one.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hear ya. I have often wondered how many of my liberal friends, while generally smart, could be so ignorant about politics and how the world works.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

For a woman who bitches about paparazzi, Kate makes sure she's in a bikini whenever the paps are within camera range.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

So you're saying there's hope? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted