1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek: 'Heaven is Real'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

John Lennon disagrees with this conclusion.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Did I totally miss the Belinda Carlisle post?

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And the joke is....?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've seen heaven a few times, usually in connection with seeing France. Many people have also seen London in connection with seeing France

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

wt, nothing showed up when Creosote posted it, and it's not showing up when you quote it either.

If my browser hates me (or Creosote), then so be it. :D

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not too far from where I live and work.

This is on 65 South, between Elizabethtown and Munfordville.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

It's showing up on my iPad, which is way more finicky than my laptop. Might be you, babe.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You must have firewalls up or something. HC's David Beckham photo in your 50,000-post thread and MisterCreosote's Belinda Carlisle photo work fine for me and seemingly everyone else.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

The afterlife is accurately represented in "Beetlejuice." It's more of a bureaucratic hell than real life.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

My question whenever this topic comes up: Whatever someone claims to see during a coma or near-death experience, could that not just be another perspective from the subconscious dream state? We hear all our lives what heaven might or might not be, and that there is an intense white light, etc. ... but, really, if we can dream it, then the subconscious mind can paint it in a comatose state, too ... right? ... Or something like that.

And the way this Newsweek story is written sounds almost like a Sunday school tale for kids.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

FWIW, the Newsweek story addresses this. It might be a bunch of mularkey, but he says that it can't explain what he saw because of whatever was the issue with his brain at that time. If I'm not mistaken, people in a coma don't experience consciousness at all. No dreaming, either. It's supposedly like surgery. Or being dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted