1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek about to publish embarrassing McCain story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

See, that I can respect.

I have no horse in this race at this point, but I can only hope people will see stories like this as the non-issues they are.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Whether or not the McCains are trying to get out of paying taxes, it's irresponsible. It's not something I would ever allow to happen if it were my money.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Do we need another president who can't be bothered with the details?

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It's totally a non issue. Just more fodder to throw back at McCain when he tries to paint Obama as a liberal elitist out of touch with average Americans

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I think the part of this story that will turn Joe Q. Voter off is the seven homes, some held in trust. Tell me how this person can even begin to relate to the average American?

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Um ... so like every single other national politician, he's loaded.

Now he can play the "See, I'm just like you. I can't afford to pay my taxes" card.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

He's not an arugula-eating, latte-sipping libruhl elitist like that Hussein Obama fella.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Then why did some idiot start a thread about it?

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

It's not like Obama can start slamming him about his home dealings ( *cough* Tony Rezko *cough*).

Guess what Reps and Dems. They are all sleazy.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If we're judging the news value of stories on their being threads here ...

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Why not? McCain and Co. already have done it. Turnabout's a bitch, isn't it?

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I assume we're talking about the same political media that has virtually ignored the fact that McCain is likely breaking campaign finance law every day, as well as his flip-flops on public funding -- I was for it before I was against it before I was for it -- as he rips Obama for alleged hypocrisy on the topic.

If you think some mere back taxes are going to make a ripple, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Draft saved Draft deleted