1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspaper exchange for Inauguration Day papers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Jan 16, 2009.

1. I saw that the Washington Post and Washington Times had the same headlines. Awesome.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Post's coverage has been tremendous.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i guess money changes everything. the terrell tribune, the small texas daily that didn't cover obama's election, did a 180 for the inauguration. if you remember, the publisher, bill jordan, defended the omission at the time, saying, "We run a newspaper, not a memory book service."

well lookie, lookie at this from today's tribune web site:

Posters on sale of Jan. 20 front page featuring inauguration
    Published: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:40 AM CST

The Terrell Tribune is selling commemorative posters of the front page of the Jan. 20 edition highlighting President Barack Obama’s historic inauguration.

The 13 x 19 full-color posters are $5 each and are available at The Tribune office, 150 9th St.

Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

http://terrelltribune.com/articles/2009/01/22/i_news/doc4978aede2c4cb791272358.txt

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I worry that all of these papers you guys are exchanging will be stuck together. ;D

5. td truckers

td truckers Member

JayF.,

Check your PM.

Draft saved Draft deleted