1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News/sports reporter in Williston, N.D.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Stitch, Oct 30, 2010.

1. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Maybe I'll show up the first day blinged out Mr. T style and just tell everyone I can afford it because I make more than them.

2. spud

spud Member

Dude, you're going to NoDak. Nobody has any idea what a "Mr. T" is.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Sorry, but everyone knows the oil workers will have much more money in their pockets than you'll ever while working as a reporter in Williston.

4. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I was actually going to ask: How often does someone on this board actually get a job posted on here?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There have been a couple, including myself. I was for another paper in the chain, though, before coming to my current job.

6. Cheng Sio

Cheng Sio New Member

I'm at my current job thanks to a posting on here.

7. I got my current job through applying for a position posted here. I didn't get the job I originally applied for, but something similar opened up a few months later and I got a call because someone saved my resume.

8. Ben.Breiner

Ben.Breiner Member

In the process of starting a job posted here

9. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Wow, I completely misgauged that. I've been following this board for quite a while, and it doesn't seem that often that someone's saying he/she got a job in the thread.

10. I think part of that is people not wanting to out themselves. Maybe I'm wrong.

11. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

To be fair I saw this job on journalismjobs.com a couple weeks before a friend turned me on to this site. I had already had the first interview by then. This site did help a lot though. I got some good information about Williston and the job in general. Rick was nice enough to let me know they will cover moving expenses if I push for it and that indeed turned out to be true.

12. esport12

esport12 Member

ahhh a happy SportsJournalists.com story. we could use some more of those.

Draft saved Draft deleted