1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News from TIFF.....(Toronto International Film Festival)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Sep 13, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I am here in Toronto for vacation, haven't caught a movie yet but did see Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page at the roller derby exhibition. About an hour later I caught Michael Moore's entrance to the premiere of his new movie. A group of actors protesters marched down the street to the theater carrying torches, pitchforks and signs to the effect of "Where's my bailout," then Moore pulled up riding in the passenger seat of a van just before Chris Rock walked down the red carpet. I got a couple of shots of Moore in my debut as an amateur papparazzo.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As for "Whip It," they had me at Zoe Bell.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Looks like this year's Slumdog could be George Clooney's new flick "Up in the Air".

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/tiff/article/696336

Career-peak performance by George Clooney as a business shark with a still-viable conscience plus stellar helming and scripting by Jason Reitman make this the clear favourite of the fest – and possibly the year. Watch for Oscars kudos in multiple categories, including possible Best Support Actress noms for Vera Farmiga and Anna Kendrick.

Peter Howell

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Should have let us know you were coming. We would have organized a get-together.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the Oprah produced "Precious" wins the People's Choice Awards. Some pretty good company in that award. Last year's winner was Slumdog.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"Precious" is an absolutely gut-wrenching film. There are no words to accurately capture how awful the protagonist's experiences are.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The trailer for "Precious" made me cry. I'm a little afraid to see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted