1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News Corp to challenge ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Mar 29, 2012.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

For this to truly be MST3K parallel, you'd have to have them watching really bad games or weird sports that no one understands.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Pardon The (coitus) Interruptus?

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A doubleheader of cricket and jai alai? followed by the Newfoundland Jr. curling championships?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

You are so right. I remember when ESPN first came on and it really had to grow on me. But it did because the product got better. However, I would love to see some serious competition enter the field. ESPN has become too juvenile for me.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No more calls please ... WE HAVE A WINNER!

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The Daily really seems to be catching fire, so I'm sure this will be a big hit as well.

8. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

The Sklar Brothers just choked on their Imo's Pizza and they don't know why.

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Didn't ESPN Classic try this a few years back with old Wide World of Sports reruns?

It was hilarious, but I can't remember the name of the show.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Cheap Seats. Riffed on WWOS, fishing, poker, wrestling and all sorts of fringe programming.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well if you think anything associated with Faux Fascist Broadcasting -- jumping robots, LOUD SHOUTING VOICES and Big Bouncing Boobs Shoved In The Camera -- is going to help that, you're out of your mind.

Their aim is to stoopid-down the audience every day in every way. Programming for horny 13-year-olds who love to see shit blow up.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is this meant to be blue font? Because I know people who have iPads and they've not mentioned one thing about it.

(I have a feeling this is flying over my head.)

Draft saved Draft deleted