1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Times promotes Clinton, McCain for primaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Besides, if things change, how come Edwards claims all these causes are things he's been fighting for his entire life?

2. I believe he said he's been fighting on issues of poverty, both personally and professionally, his whole life. I believe a fair reading of his biography bears this out.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's a crack. Lighten up.

4. Charles Krauthammer doesn't have the sense of humor god gave a goat. So, no, I don't think it's a crack.
    He does, however, love him some war that he'll never get within a continent of.

5. Guy_Incognito

Are you calling a man who has spent his entire adult life in a wheelchair a chickenhawk (by either your definition, or that of the rest of the English speaking world.).

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, who would do that?[/saxbychambliss]

7. Guy_Incognito

Show me where anyone called him a Chickenhawk and I'll call him a jerk too. Questioning someone's judgement is very different.

8. dooley_womack1

Yeah, whatever. Pretend to ignore that Cleland was painted as weak on defense by the GOP in the virulent TV ad campaign. Guess he would have had to lose that fourth limb to prove himself.

9. Guy_Incognito

Why is saying that he is weak on defense - that the policies he endorses as a politician seeking your vote are wrong for the country's national defense - out of bounds, no matter what his physical condition?

10. dooley_womack1

That's not what was done and you know it (and of course he was proven right, thousands of wasted lives later). And I guess Corker was merely pushing family values against Ford. That, by the way, will be the template for what Obama will face in many states in the general election.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Losing the fourth limb wouldn't have done anything. Just ask John Kerry and the military honors he received while serving in Vietnam. For both Cleland and Kerry to be real heroes, they had to die in a foreign land.

Clearly, a politician that served in war isn't nearly as accomplished as one who used connections to finagle and guarantee that they wouldn't have to go to a foreign land.

12. No, I'm calling him a bloodthirsty revanchist who doesn't give a rip about who dies for his ideas.
    Dick Cheney is a chickenhawk.
    Glad we could clear that up for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted