1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York, New York

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sure, Rockefeller Center. Named for Theodore Rockefeller. And that skating rink? The Rangers practice there.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Where do the ducks go when it freezes? [/holden caulfield]

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There's a good part of Jersey City? I interviewed at the Jersey Journal once. Was kinda happy when they decided not to fill the position, mostly because of the location.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Go to a taping of the Jon Stewart show. I'm there if I get the Rangers at any time during the playoffs.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I suggested this to the better half. I really want to see him, Colbert and SNL in person.

6. Sbarro's is anything but a classic New York slice. Skip it and find a real pizzeria. There are hundreds, but my fav is over in my old stomping grounds in Brooklyn. Oh, and if you're up for it, go down to Coney Island, take a walk on the boardwalk and a stop at Nathan's is an absolute must!!

7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Rent a car and driver for the afternoon. Make a list of everywhere you want to go and it will save you oodles of time trying to zig zag all over the city.

I celebrated my 21st birthday with dinner at "One if By land, Two if by Sea" followed by the Limelight and Palladium.

I think I just dated myself.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Speaking on Nathans. How do you qualify for the hot dog eating contest?

I seriously think I could qualify. Not win, but qualify to be up there.

9. I seriously think you have to win regional eating contests to qualify. I remember watching one show on competative eaters and this one guy made his name and qualified by eating X number of buffalo wings. But I digress. Definitely visit The Village. If you don't mind seeing guys holding hands and that kind of stuff, The Village is a must because of all the great restaurants and little shops.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I freakin' love New York. Take walking shoes. Because you will walk a lot! Central Park of course is a must. I don't think I've ever gone to NY and not hit Central Park. Was there for the Christos Gates which was extremely cool.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I second the Circle Line trip. Great way, to see the city and learn a lot.

Also, Museum of Broadcast History.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Looks like I have to aim for 2008. Registration is closed for this season.

http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/contest/

Draft saved Draft deleted