1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York City question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

A subway from Times Square to Yankee Stadium would take how long?

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Depends on how much time you spend in the emergency room.

No, really....probably a half hour depending on time of day.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not the most convenient starting point. But you'll take the 7 train toward Queens (or the S shuttle) and get off at Lexington Ave / Grand Central Station (42nd and Lex). At that stop you switch to the uptown 4 train to 161st Street. It's a quick ride from there. With the walking and the changing trains, Smasher is right, you are looking at anywhere from 20 minutes to a half hour.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Thanks guys.

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

I just banged my coffee mug into my teeth because I laughed so hard when I read that. I guess I shouldn't drink while I"m reading.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

It's actually easy to do.
    On the way back, try to get express to Grand Central.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7-10 years, with time off for good behavior

8. danhawks

danhawks Member

Good answers so far, especially the emergency room one...however, you can do this trip without changing trains from Times Square. Take the D (which is technically at 6th Ave., but can probably be accessed via a tunnel at Times Square) all the way to Yankee Stadium. Time-wise, it's the same. But you won't accidentally take the 7 into Queens.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's fine to take the D train, but you have to walk to Bryant Park to get the D train. You can't get it from Times Square, which is where he said he was starting from. So you have to walk over to 6th Ave. Between the walk to get to the subway and the extra time the D takes, I still think it is going to be quicker to hop on the 7 train and switch at Grand Central. But not significantly so, probably.

10. danhawks

danhawks Member

yes, that is correct. just like us to over-answer ;D

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Forgive me if I list these in the wrong order, but I'll be around 48th and 8th, if that helps.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hilton Garden Inn?

Draft saved Draft deleted