1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Years Eves of yore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 31, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

On New Year's Eves, I have:
    --Thrown up in a closet.
    --Watched my best friend put the moves on a really ugly gal named Ruth (every now and then, I bring up "Woof" to him.)
    --Spent the night throwing up in the bathroom of a party I hosted.
    --Worked on almost every one of them since I graduated.

Sooo...not the best night for me, historically.

2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

All I know is that the hangover lasts longer and longer each year.

3. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I can't tell you how sad I am to actually be using brain space to store a fact like this ... but it's actually Positive K, not the Biz. I'll go back to mourning wasted memory now.

4. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

In addition of using wasted mental space on Positive K, I'm using shelf space with his CD in my binder *blusing and shaking head with that confession*

The only redeeming fact is that it hasn't been, and won't be, transferred to my new iPod.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

NYE of 1981... got invited to a New Year's Eve party. The members of my college's women's basketball team were flying out to Florida for a tourney the next morning and they held a party at a house about a mile from my parents house in suburban Detroit.
    My college roommate wanted to go as well, so we went to the party -- 18 women, three guys. Party was at the house of a high school coach of one of the players -- still coaching girls basketball at an all-girls school.
    I had enough drinks so I didn't think anything of it, but the number of women kept dropping. Finally, it was time to go so I went in the room with the coats to get mine -- and stumbled into three uglyplayers all into each other... grabbed my coat, didn't excuse myself and never looked at the three of them in the same way again...

Draft saved Draft deleted