1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 22, 2006.

1. 1. Ohio State
    2. WVa.
    3. Michigan
    4. USC
    5. Tennessee
    6. Texas
    7. Arkansas
    8. Auburn
    9. Florida
    10. Clemson
    11. California
    12. Louisville
    13. Notre Dame
    14. LSU
    15. Rutgers
    16. Boston College
    17. Wisconsin
    18. Oklahoma
    19. Nebraska
    20. Missouri
    21. Boise State
    22. Miami
    23. Wake Forest
    24. Oregon
    25. Texas A&M

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Why isn't Miami higher? [/sarcasm]

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tennessee fifth after playing that way against Alabama?
    Dude, cut back on the Cristal....

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Until today, I thought everybody was overrating Rutgers. Now, I think between 15 and 20 is about right after back-to-back road wins over Navy and Pitt, two decent teams.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

West Virginia has played absolutely nobody. Nobody. Ohio State and Michigan are the No. 1 and 2 teams in the country and it's not close.

Also:

* Why do people conveniently forget that Cal got embarrassed by Tennessee, Texas was embarrassed by Ohio State and Arkansas was absolutely embarrassed by USC. I understand the desire to keep Arkansas a spot ahead of Auburn, but I think it might be a reach here. You're punishing Notre Dame an awful lot for laying one egg, while giving those teams a free pass.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shit, you win in Duke's house, you should be a top 10 team.

Anyhoo, an Oklahoma team without Adrian Peterson should not be a top 25 team, a win over the best 1-7 team in NCAA history notwithstanding.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's a pretty good ballot. I know why you have WVU where you do, so it's probably the best you've had.

dools, just like Louisville before them, I'm not so sure you drop a team before the loss of a key player is demonstrated to make it weaker.

8. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Winning at Duke is such a tough task, even Duke itself can't do it.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I agree. People could have done that with Louisville when Bush and Brohm went down. Maybe some did?

I think it will be Michigan-Louisville in the BCS Title game by the way.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

seriously, miami? why?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heck, Louisville has become less dominant since its main quarterback returned. Its sked was just so pitiful that it was able to easily overcome the losses they had. They are still unbeaten, but not coming down hard on Cincinnati and Syracuse does not bode well with WVU and Rutgers on the horizon. And I think the common-sense rule will tell you that Oklahoma is not nearly as good a team without Peterson. Thompson running that offense without Peterson is a nice thought for a Missouri fan as Saturday's game looms.

And linotype, that was funny

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Great poll except having Miami any where near the top 25.

Draft saved Draft deleted