1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Springsteen single out today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think the solo (especially folk) records have to be judged on a separate scale from E Street Band albums.

Of course, that's acknowledging he hasn't released a full-fledged ESB record since 2003, and apparently never will again.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  2. Starman

I'd basically agree with this, except I'd slot The Rising in at about No. 4.

Again, Nebraska is kind of in its own universe. Some days, I could see it up at about No.3; other days, down in the teens.

John B. Foster likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

1) Darkness
    2) BTR
    3)WIESS
    4) Tunnel of Love
    5) The River (one great album would have been better)

Of the non-traditional:
    1) Devils and dust
    2) Seeger Sessions
    3) Nebraska
    4) GOTJ

4. Starman

So the album cover is a panoramic painting of a horse's ass.

Hmmm.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m not feeling the new album. I love that he tried something new but very little resonates. For me, the songs all mesh together like a 45 minute PG rated “Reno”. He also really is into the overproduction, even on a minimalist record like this.

That being said, “Hell, these days there ain't no more, now there’s just again” is up there in his lyrical pantheon

Draft saved Draft deleted