1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New shows from the fall season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

These are the ones I've seen...

Studio 60 - A
    Brothers and Sisters - A
    Kidnapped - A
    Knights of Prosperity - A-
    The Nine - A-
    Smith - A-
    Vanished - B+
    Standoff - B
    Shark - B
    Til Death - C+
    Men in Trees - C+
    The Class - C+
    Angriest Man in Suburbia - C
    Thirties - C
    Notes from the Underbelly - C
    The Singles Table - C-
    Happy Hour - D-

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Of those, which is the fucking stud?

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I really liked 'til death. I thought it was very funny, and I watched it with my parents when I was home visiting and watched them shoot each other little looks showing me the show was pretty accurate.

4. Mizzougrad96

Knights of Prosperity is the one that really surprised me. I know the title is awful, but it's about a bunch of losers who plan to rob Mick Jagger's apartment.

Donal Logue (Tao of Steve and Grounded for Life) is the star... It's really funny...

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Donal. No d.

I'm looking forward to giving Heroes and Jericho tries. I added Studio 60 to my Tivo list last night.

6. Mizzougrad96

I think Smith (Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen, Amy Smart) looks outstanding...

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I may be one of the only Americans in this country who very likely won't see a single one of these shows, or any other on network TV. It's kind of like church. If you've gotten burned out of going, it's like pulling teeth to get you to go back.

That being said, if I did watch any show, it might be Studio 60.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of like seven of the shows Mizzou listed.
    I've set the Tivo to record the pilots of Heroes and Jericho, just to check them out and Studio 60 is set for the season.
    I'm hoping for an hour-long version of Sports Night, with some of the buddy banter from the Sorkin-written episodes of West Wing.
    And I'll have to track down "Knights."
    What network and night is it on?
    Me likey, likey the Donal guy. Made an excellent turn as the cabbie in the MTV spots, plus the Tao of Steve is one of my favorite movies.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mizzou, how the hell do you see all these shows by the second week of Sept? Have they all premiered already?

I thought Til Death would be better than it was, but there was some good chemistry between the couples, so I'll probably try it again. But if better hurry and get good, since I think it runs against My Name Is Earl.

Studio 60 looks REALLY good.

10. Mizzougrad96

Tivo has had "special premieres" for a couple of the shows. I'm also occasionally able to get my grimy little paws on the screener copies of shows that they send out to critics and whatnot... I actually have Jericho at home, but haven't had a chance to watch it...

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

so when do these premier?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How the hell do you get these 'special premieres?'

Draft saved Draft deleted