1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New show from the creator of "Nip/Tuck": Transsexual sportswriter!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117950785?categoryid=14&cs=1

FX and "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy have made a deal for a new drama called "4 oz." that will follow the metamorphosis of a married sportswriter who is a transsexual.
    Murphy, who has begun writing a pilot episode he hopes to shoot early next year, told Daily Variety that he has mapped out a natural five-season arc for the series that also focuses on the gender-conflicted protag's teenage sons.
    "The first season deals with the revelation of his secret," Murphy said. "In the second season, he begins dressing like a woman. The third covers the surgery, and his inherent doubts about going through with it, and by the fourth season, he's living as a woman and attempting to find love."

Murphy said "4 oz." refers to the average weight of a penis, remarkably light given the amount of havoc it creates for men.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good luck with that five-season arc, pal.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing. Won't make it out of the first season.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Four ounces? FOUR OUNCES? Feh!

(... and I'd like to point out that JR, Perry White and Ace didn't dispute that figure)
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know about Teenie and Tiny, but I try to remain humble.

6. Perry White

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter_Pounder

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Is it immature of me to laugh at "Nip/Tuck" and "transsexual" being so close in the headline? Wasn't there a great Slap Maxwell where Dabney realized he was a hermaphrodite? That was crazy.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

i'm a little hesitant to click on this link, for fear of being confronted by the outer mongolian venomous constricting trouser snake.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Episode 1 - While dressed like Judy Garland the sportswriter is surprised to hear that Mateen Cleaves is not in the building despite writing a column that said he was...

Episode 2 - After getting his salad tossed by Clay Aiken, the sportswriter gets fired from his freelance gig for ripping Scoop Jackson...

Episode 3 - While listening to Streisand on his Ipod, the sportswriter is hospitalized after falling down the steps in the LSU press box.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ryan Murphy is seriously fucked up.

How did he pitch this? "It's Everybody Loves Raymond, if Raymond wanted to be a chick!"

11. Perry White

You will be disappointed.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Does the sportswriter work for Baseball Prospectus?

Draft saved Draft deleted