1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Saddam pictures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Anyone seen them?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of any.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

NEW YORK — A graphic new video surfaced Monday on the Web appearing to show the body of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein immediately after he was hanged a little more than a week ago.

The 27-second video, posted on Google, appears to show Saddam's body on a gurney, covered with a bloodied white shroud that is removed so the person videotaping — possibly with a cell phone camera — has a clear shot at his head and neck. A large and gaping wound is visible on the neck.

A video purporting to show the body of Saddam Hussein is posted on Google Video.

Warning: The content is very graphic and may be disturbing to some viewers.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-233844812484249985

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yep, his neck was definitely broken.

Ick.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Generalissimo Francisco Franco reports that Saddam is still dead.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i won't be clicking on that link but i have no problem with his execution being slightly less than humane.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Why would there be a gaping wound on his neck from a hanging? Just curious and I don't really want to click on the link.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well the rope ain't exactly like a brace, so much as an abrasive bunch of twine put together. That's all that's stopping gravity from sending his ass down to the floor. Skin doesn't exactly take kindly to abrasions like that.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I see. So is that why they normally make hanging victims wear hoods? And also, is that why they tie the cloth around the person's neck?

10. Anyone see the pictures of Saddam's cat?

[​IMG]

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yep. I laughed.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That's great.. yes, I'm laughing.

Draft saved Draft deleted