1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Pete Rose documentary makes no mention of gambling, lifetime ban

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Benedict Arnold, the loyal American.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If they did two hours on Pete's lifelong fascination with and pursuit of large-breasted women, I'd watch that.

[​IMG]

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Satan: God's Favorite Angel

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Job: Life is really wonderful

5. CR19

CR19 Member

Tiger Woods: The Humble Family Man

LeBron James: The Modest Basketball Player

The list goes on and on...

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh God, we love hyperbole.

Look, I'm no Pete fan. I hate the Reds, hate anything to do with the team, save for Bench (who was a great guy and spoke to me for an article a few years back). Is he a cheater and a lousy guy? Yep. But Pete didn't kill babies while wiping his ass on the American flag and summoning demons from the back of a carriage made from the bones of endangered species. To look at his playing days is a worthwhile effort — as would, in fact, Custer's Civil War years, as someone posted.

Again, the producers never said this is Pete in his entirety. This is about Rose and his chase of the hits record, released in an anniversary year. I'm fine with that.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mel Gibson: Those lovable years when he was willing to co-star with Danny Glover

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Pay Pete a shitload of money, put it on HBO, and everybody will say it's the best doc they've ever seen.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Michael Vick: Misunderstood Genius

Draft saved Draft deleted