1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"New" music?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by QYFW, Jul 3, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

In a bit of a rut. All my staples seem to have run their course. Like a little of the new Gov't Mule album. Not feeling the new Isbell release. Truckers lost me recently as well. Even Thin Lizzy is boring me these days.

So, we can't talk politics for a few days. Next best thing is music. Suggestions for what I should gravitate toward? New, old, whatever. I just need to update my soundtrack.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Illinois favorites Cheap Trick have a new album out. Have heard a couple of the songs on Little Steven's show, and they kick ass. Robin Zander still in fine voice.

CheapTrick.com

Personnel-wise, they haven't had Bun E. Carlos behind the kit for awhile. It's Rick's son, Daxx Nielsen.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Never been a big fan, but I caught a little of a concert on AXS the other night. Will check out the new stuff.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If you like rap at all, the new Vince Staples is really freaking good.

Also digging the new Slowdive release.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just listened to it today. Really solid album. Waiting for the vinyl release later this summer.

On a side note, I know a lot of fans are pissed that Bun E. isn't part of the band anymore, but I read an interview with him in Rolling Stone about a year ago and he couldn't have come across as a bigger prick. Plus, Daxx can play.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree about Bun E. He totally burned all his bridges with the other guys, and I believe he's started his own band. Coming to an Illinois county fair near you ... ;)

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

FTFY

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Saw these guys open for the Foo Fighters two years ago. These two guys make loads of noise.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I do miss AXS since downgrading a cable a few months ago. One of very few places to find a good concert here and there.

I'm doing a lot of Spotify now. One night last week, I took out my trusty Billboard Top 40 hits book (well worth the money) and built a 100-song playlist I've been using in the car.

If anything fairly new intrigues me, I'd say it's the Chainsmokers. They're pretty good.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Here's a great old one by Oingo Boingo, perfect for working out. I think you'd like early Boingo.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Good song, although it undersells just how heavy they are. Digging their stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted