1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mizzou T-shirt creating controversy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Nov 14, 2007.

1. What? Too soon?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Keep talking, it's what Mizzou fans do best.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's what I don't understand about this. Mizzou football doesn't exactly have a history of dominance.

Also, Chef, if what you said about former MU figures in Lawrence is true, your fans are a bunch of dickbags as well.

4. With the game being at Arrowhead, it's tantamount to being a KU home game, anyway. Lot more Jayhawkers in KC than Tigers.

That's about the only bad thing I can say about KC, come to think of it. (Although, truth be told, Lawrence is a pretty cool city.)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To me, what he said was an exaggeration, I actually watched the game with a Mizzou fan a year ago.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

While the Big 12 North title would still be on the line, all this national prominence shit would be moot if KSU beats Mizzou and Iowa State beats KU. ;D

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Actually Chef, Norm Stewart would never dine in Kansas. He wouldn't even stay in a Kansas hotel. Nights before they played at Kansas, Norm would have his team stay in KCMO.

What is funny is after Norm retired, it took how long for Missouri to honor him? Right after his retirement, Kansas invited him to a basketball game and was honored before the game for his work in Coaches vs. Cancer. Max Falkenstein did the introduction, and one of the gifts Norm got was a rocking chair so fans could chant "SIT DOWN NORM!" one more time. Incredibly, the fans at Allen Fieldhouse gave Norm a standing ovation.

Arrowhead on the 24th is going to be ugly. I hope security is tight. And it's funny how Mizzou fans are the ones talking all kinds of shit right now ... with a game in Manhattan this weekend against what's going to be a pissed off K-State team (see Nebraska last week). I think Missouri is a little concerned they may actually (gulp!) not beat Kansas and/or win the North??

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Among the drive-by fans, perhaps ... but with students and alums the in-state fights are still more bitter. Washington is, indeed, irrelevant in football ... but their regional arrogance is pretty much intact, so everybody enjoys beating the shit out of them in anything. It's pretty much a shared hatred in the NW where alums of the other three NW schools root for their teams and whoever's playing Washington.

Their fans tend to have a similar sense of entitlement of Alabama fans ... only without all the historic success. But hey, they won the volleyball national title, so they have that going for them, which is nice. </anti-uwrant>

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

LOL :D

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah......it was an exaggeration, but tell me Doc, if Roy Williams walked into a restaurant in Columbia, you're telling me they wouldn't at least heckle him for a while?

There is at least a mutual respect between the KU fans and Norm Stewart.....in fact, after Norm hung up the jacket, didn't KU give him a recliner or rocking chair or something like that?

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I have a very good friend who bleeds Black and Gold.

We don't talk to each other about two things....Missouri and Kansas.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think these days Roy might have better odds of getting heckled in Lawrence. And heckled, sure. Assaulted, the fans are dickbags.

Draft saved Draft deleted