1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New look at former Blue Jays broadcaster Fergie Olver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sic semper tyrannis, Apr 23, 2010.

1. He also used to host a kids game show called Just Like Mom, from which these clips are taken.
    Someone has compiled this list of creepy moments. (There's a great one where the mother is heard calling him a dirty old man)
    Unbelievable that this happened more than once, and really only came to anyone's attention more than 20 years after the show went off the air.

http://www.eatmyshorts.net/videos/7783/Pervert+Fergie+Olver.html

You can view it at this link (last I checked), but the original has been removed from Youtube

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Fergie's no Uncle Bobby but this is pretty fucked.

Just Like Mom would have been among the worst game shows ever. Rambo may have been taught to eat stuff that made a billy goat puke but he wouldn't have been able to eat the shit the kids made in the bake off.

Fergie was fucking awful on Jays' games. Always trying to get the attention of Don Chevrier and Tony Kubek with some nugget of useless information he picked up from Al Widmar.

Fergie's daughter is a MILFish host on The Weather Network.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Weird, weird, weird. Amazing some dad/husband didn't come rocketing out of the audience and plant Fergie in the floorboards. There has never been a decade when dorky middle-aged men getting hot and steamy in the face of pre-teen girls was considered a good thing.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Creepy. Jesus, I just got out of the shower and I feel like I need another one.

5. "The mothers are always so easy to kiss. It's the kids ..."

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

This.

This.

And this. :)

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, 3-for-3, not bad!

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

3-for 4 - I left out the blurb about Rambo. Not that it wasn't necessarily true, mind you. :D

9. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

And this. :)

[/quote]

Is that the Canickistani version of the Weather Channel? So she's another Sharon Resultan? :D

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I always found it amazing that, given how inane he was on Jays broadcasts, he actually signed a contract and played minor league ball.

He wanted me to leave out of a story the fact that he slipped $50 to Jays players for pre-game interviews. Thick as two planks and with a healthy dose of self-love.

o-<

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

His wikipedia entry says he was nominated for the Frick Award in 2004. Jesus Christ.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. That was gross.

Did no one object at the time? Wikipedia also says that his wife was the co-host. She didn't find it gross?

Draft saved Draft deleted