1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New laws to ban men going topless?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Not that I'm a fan of this, but this is going a bit too far! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=397618&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

Men may be barred from baring their chests - and stomachs - in public under new local laws being considered by town halls.

They would stop men stripping off their shirts in crowded town centres and give powers to police to remove any who defy the cover-up laws.
    "There is a problem," Mr Bennett said yesterday. "In my part of the country we are trying to revitalise the main shopping precinct.

"But one of the things that is depressing for anyone going shopping is the numbers of shaven-headed men, mainly in their 30s and 40s, who seem to think people want to see their torsos."

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that Palm Beach, Fla., had a similar law a while back. Not West Palm, but actual Kennedy-infested Palm Beach.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Does the female muffin top apply too?

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Is this really so big a concern in London that they are going to waste tax payer money on A) putting this bill through, and then B) actually enforcing it?

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The thought of Colin Montgomerie walking around shirtless should make this law a slam dunk.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

[​IMG]

Case. Closed.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't complain much about this. I know I wouldn't want to see me with no shirt on. :)

8. Flash

Flash Guest

You know, this law has its good points and its bad points. Some people should not be permitted to go topless. But if you look like you belong on the pages of Muscle and Fitness, by all means, take more than half of our clothes off and strut your stuff in front of me. Please.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted