1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New laptops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Everyone on this thread is wrong. Go with a Mac, always go with a Mac. Have you not seen the commercials? My Macbook runs faster than any PC I have every used and it looks cooler too (plus the chics dig Mac geeks...). But in all seriousness, there are MANY reasons to go with a Mac.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

What kind of Dell. I'll take it if you don't want it. I've had mine for almost three years and no problems. I'll take another to use for parts or for my sister who is going back to college.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, and one big reason not to: We got two good laptops for the price of one Macbook.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Mine did that at first too, but since the first week Firefox has worked great without any problems.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep.

Same reason I'm getting a PC laptop when my old desktop implodes.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

to hell with mac. owned macs from 1998 until about a year ago.

going PC was the best thing that's ever happened in my lifetime ... save that one special hottie when i was 17.

7. Had a Toshiba Satellite 1850, I think it was? Great latptop. Bought in 2001 and it survived through 2005. Worked like a charm and the only thing I replaced was the screen and that was because a bullet went through it while I was on an embed. Got back to my quarters and plugged a monitor into the laptop and all was well.

When I finally replaced it I went with a Sony Viao. Been happy with it, but since I don't take it on the road I cannot attest to how portable it is. My on-the-road PC now is a Dell Latitude 600. Ugly and not too bulky but it gets the job done. I've amped the memory and overclocked the CPU (much to my tech department's chagrin) and covered it with decals of places I've been.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Toshiba's putting out some excellent shit for the $, these days, even given the (run a war? keep rich folks' taxes rock-bottom? No prob) current limp greenback.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My computer is a Satellite, but I don't know what number. I am happy to hear good things from former users...We don't take our laptops on the road unless we're traveling for awhile, so it's basically home computers for us.

10. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Personally, I'm a Mac guy, but I've heard as far as PCs go, you can't go wrong with a Toshiba.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fuck Mac with the Apple iCock. Used to be a good company, but now the shit's overpriced and I think planned obsolescence is at the heart of company policy these days. My iBook bit the dust and when I get enough saved to buy another laptop, I won't be getting a Mac.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuckabunchamac?

Draft saved Draft deleted