1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New laptops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Started looking at laptops. Why should I avoid the Dell?

Sony VAIO keyboard bugs me, from ones I've seen. Flat, not much give in keys.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We got the second generation phones. I heard bad things about the first generation, but right now, the second generation has the same ratings as the iPhone.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Dell initially started out as a company built on quality and support. Their products were ugly but they were reliable. Dell became huge. In order to accommodate the new demand they built new locations and ended up with cheaper parts. The product just went downhill.

Michael Dell has returned to the company so things should be getting better, but they just aren't at a level that I would consider purchasing them.

Okay, then I must have heard the same thing. It was the first gen that was a dud.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I haven't gotten my new phone yet. It should be in the mail, but Doc's phone is pretty sweet. I wouldn't buy a first generation phone of any phone, including the Razor or Sliver.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've had a Toshiba for 4 months now and love it. Toshiba's and HP's were the only two brands I looked at both times I've bought laptops. My HP worked great until it got stolen.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was a half joke, but I'll certainly ask the Mrs.

7. three_bags_full

We've honestly talked about throwing the fucker in the trash. I'm sure she'll gladly wrap it up and toss it your way.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've always had a Dell, including the laptop I'm typing from now, and I've never had a problem with them.

9. three_bags_full

Dell's cool till it breaks. If ... and when ... it does, you're fucked.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I had mine for more than two years. But the keyboard decided to spontaneously break, and the monitor wouldn't stay open (the hinge broke). Seemed shoddily put-together.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Love my VAIO laptop. I'd highly recommend them.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Here's something I hadn't heard before:

Apparently, the Centrino Duo processor is better than a Pentium Duo processor. Is this true?

Draft saved Draft deleted