1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jersey pizza rocks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by goalmouth, Aug 16, 2006.

1. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Here are two good thin crust places by the Jersey Shore:

Pete& Elda's
    Vic's

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thanks for making me feel an incredible amount of shame, EStreet. I grew up, literally, less than 2 miles from that place and somehow never ate there. My dad always raved about it, yet we still got the pizza from the place across the street or up the block. That's something else I miss -- being within walking distance of at least two pizza parlors, pretty much no matter where you are.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I share your shame -- I live about 5-6 miles from there, repeated the raves I've heard about it here, but have yet to eat there myself.

4. viamsp

viamsp Member

It's the Golden Eagle in Cinnaminson, on 130. My favorite South Jersey diner's always been Roney's, a super-small place that's all counter in Collingswood on 130. Breakfast special with a coffee and water for less than $5.

And I've been told this is sacrilege time and time again, but in terms of shore pizza, I always preferred Primo to Mack and Manco as far as Ocean City goes. Part of that, though, might just be the fact that I had heard so much Mack and Manko hype before I went there for the first time.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you want to talk about South Jersey diners, there's Mastori's in Bordentown, and then there's everything else.

6. viamsp

viamsp Member

I've heard good stuff about Mastori's, but I've never been that far north in Burlco without going straight to Trenton.

Draft saved Draft deleted