1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New 'Hulk' and 'Hawkeye' casting revealed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 25, 2010.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/24/comic-con-mark-ruffalo-jeremy-renner-cast-in-joss-whedons-superhero-extravaganza-the-avengers/

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

When I see 'Hawkeye' I think MASH, not Avengers. Thankfully it was the latter they're talking about in the article.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and a new sitcom is born! Tossed out by his wife, a buddy makes his way to his friend's apartment where their disparate lifestyles clash for comedy! It's "The Odd Couple" for the new century!
    [​IMG]
    "Hulk and Hawkeye," coming this fall to NBC! PEACOCK PROUD!

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would watch that. :D

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like both hires. It's always a good sign when they hire people who can actually act, rather than "stars"

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ed Norton can't act?

How many times are they going to re-boot Hulk? Jesus. Three different actors in a decade is kind of ridiculous. Do they think they're Batman or something?

7. Mizzougrad96

Norton was too high-priced and despite being insanely talented, he is legendary for being a colossal pain in the ass. I think three directors have tried to take their names off films he was in because he changed so much after they were shot.

Ben Stiller said Norton was the only director he's worked for who he would never work with again under any circumstances.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They aren't re-booting the Hulk. They are just putting a new actor in the role.

And this has nothing to do with Norton's ability to act. He's a great actor and I thought he was fantastic in the role. This is either about money (if you believe Norton's people) or about Norton being too big of a pain in the ass (if you believe Marvel).

9. Mizzougrad96

I read an article that compared Norton to Elliot Gould, who at one point was considered one of the best actors working in the late 1960s or early 1970s but was such a dick and such a pain in the ass that he started working less and less and less.

Val Kilmer was also mentioned in the article as another example of this and said that after he played Batman that Joel Schumacher badmouthed him so much that he basically stopped working.

Norton is an amazing talent. I would consider him one of my favorite actors, but he's been legendary for being impossible to deal with almost since Primal Fear came out.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Ruffalo can act. I have seen him in four films and he played very diverse characters in every single one. Dude has some chops.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ruffalo will be fine. I hate seeing different actors play the same character. Kinda hurts the ability to suspend disbelief. But it was only a minor issue when watching Iron Man 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted