1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Hampshire Primary Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Let the fun begin. John McCain gets the ball rolling by endorsing Mitt.

McCain looked ill at ease in making the speech. It seemed a bit hollow.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Here we come, South Carolina!" tweets Rick Perry, completely forgetting the state in between.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/rick-perry-here-we-come-south-carolina/2012/01/04/gIQAwRKbaP_blog.html

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sad to say, this will probably be Huntsman's last stand. It's too bad, because I really like the guy, but he's way off the radar and to some extent, that's his fault.

Basically the only thing to watch here is how Santorum does. He'll probably finish second or third by default since so many other candidates are essentially skipping this to focus on South Carolina.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Little Ricky's currently riding at 10% in flash polls. Iowa was his dream environment, but that's in the rearview mirror. He'll be treated more hospitably in South Carolina, which is more his game, but he has to get there unscathed, first.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Iowa was his dream environment. That's why too much is being made of what happened on Tuesday. If he wins South Carolina, then things could be interesting for awhile, but I don't think he will. What will happen in South Carolina is that Santorum will chip away at the lead the Gingrich had there and possibly open things up a bit.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It's interesting that he put so many of his eggs in the New Hampshire basket despite it having its delegate allotment cut in half (as did South Carolina). It's awfully early to be counting delegates, obviously, but I wonder if any candidates who struggle there will use the cuts as an excuse while dismissing the result as an aberration in an ultimately inconsequential state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's obvious he doesn't want to work all that hard for it. He wants everybody else to fall down, then have the masses rush to kiss his ring. It didn't work for Mario Cuomo, it didn't work for Fred Thompson, and it ain't working for Huntsman.

But nobody in the field looks more like a president than that guy.

8. Boom_70

I'm more and more convinced that Huntsman has served as a rabbit for Romney in New Hampshire.

It was all decided long ago by the LDS church elders.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Not surprising. McCain hated Romney in the '08 campaign, and it showed in the debates.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I'm more and more convinced that Huntsman ran to introduce himself to voters and position himself as the GOP's savior for 2016, after "purer" choices flamed out this year.

12. Boom_70

McCain had that look of being broken by the ARVN prison
    guards.

Draft saved Draft deleted