1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New football coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jan 19, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seriously, did I miss the thread where Minnesota hired a replacement for Glen Mason?
    Geez, shit... it is a division 1 school that goes to bowl games. But who is this guy, Tim Punky Brewster?

http://www.startribune.com/gophers

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Brewster wanted to interview for the ISU job, but wasn't considered at all. He was so hard up for a college gig that Maturi said "Alright, you think you can coach, eh? Here you go, rookie."

4. The Gophers should have gone with Wlat.

[​IMG]

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

Word on the street is the guy can talk and recruit, something desperately needed in Gopher Land.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wow. I've never seen that picture 'til now.

Beat at my own game. My hat's off.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Recruiting didn't seem to be a problem for Mason. I mean, they did have Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber III. Problem was that Mason let too many games that they should have won slip away in bizarre fashion.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Glen Mason took Minnesota as high as it will go. Trust that.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Who was it who'd hung themselves out there with the story that Minnesota was waiting for the NFL playoffs to end so they could talk to Tony Dungy? That seemed nutty on the face of it.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Hmmmm....I can't think of any off the top of my head...

[​IMG] ;D

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Once Minnesota decided to interview Lane Kiffin AND Charlie Strong without hiring either of them, I decided they weren't ready to take football seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted