1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I think we should go with that. Our draft is 23 rounds. It is possible someone might want to keep the guy they took in the 23rd round and someone they got off the wire, so one of them would be slotted three rounds higher (20th) and the other two rounds (21st).

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Only if the guy acquired off waivers was originally drafted in the 23rd round and dropped by another team. If the waivers guy wasn't drafted by anyone, then he would go 23rd and the guy taken in the 23rd round would go in the 21st.

If you pick up two undrafted prospects off waivers and end up keeping them, one would be 23rd and the other would move to 22nd.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm going to make all six of my keepers undrafted free agents just to make you guys do math.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. outofplace

Clearly, that would be a significant issue for me.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

At the end of the season, just have him rank them and then slot that order.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

There's no chance the regular season starts on time.

Are we still drafting on Sunday?

7. Regan MacNeil

I don't see why we wouldn't.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I came to ask the same thing. We're probably OK since we're all online.

My other league postponed because we do it in person.

The only issue is if a player gets sick enough that he will miss a lot of games. Or worse.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I wasn't worried about infecting you assholes. I was more concerned with how unsettled rosters are going to be, with Spring Training shutting down.

MTM likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

ST had almost two weeks left anyway. Not sure what we would have known with three more days of games that we don't know now.

11. outofplace

We don't even know how long the delay will be yet. Without definitive answers, I think it makes the most sense to go ahead and draft as planned.

12. outofplace

Fair point. I reconsidered last night if we should move it back, but I’m good with keeping it on Sunday. My fever-induced draft should be interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted