1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yahoo head to head.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One of the board members who said he was interested via PM also requested Yahoo, though I do prefer points. I think it's a better measure of the long-term quality of each team. You can have an amazing week and still run into a buzzsaw and lose in head-to-head. If you have an amazing week in points, you reap the full benefit. I'm certainly willing to listen tot he other side.

Tentatively, I'm thinking free league this year and if we find a good group, we could take it to keeper settings in 2019. I believe keepers are a paid option on all stat services, including Yahoo. (Of course, if we went to keepers, we would start rosters from scratch for that season.)

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have been in an keeper league on Yahoo for years and we have never paid for it. Is far as I know, anyway. I prefer head-to-head too, but points is fine too.

4. outofplace

I'll check it out. I'm game for a keeper. Tends to keep people interested.

Edit: I set up a league and keepers are not an option for free on Yahoo. The same is true of CBS. I had already checked there).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  5. I'm in if y'all still have room.

6. outofplace

We're still short. That gives us eight saying they'll play. The tentative owner looks like he's going to pass, so we would still need at least two more.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I dumped two of my leagues so I'll jump in.

8. outofplace

Edit: I sent PMs to everybody who has expressed interest in joining. That should be nine. Please join so I can get a definitive head count.

The rules are not final and we still need to set a draft date. I'll try to offer a couple of options and hope everybody can make it, but autodraft is also an option.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. outofplace

Once everybody's in, we can talk draft dates and times. I'd love to do it as an auction, but we'd have to have a time everybody can be there. Autodrafts really screw up auctions.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If it's still open, I'm in if it's not an auction. Would like to do an auction league one day, but for now an hour, 45 is about my limit for drafts. Have to agree with those who said yahoo. Does CBS even have free leagues? My one league is CBS and one guy and I try to get everyone to switch to yahoo every year. Used to like CBS, that was my first one, which has been mostly the same guys for about 20 years. One thing is it's cool to use different categories with CBS, but not worth paying for IMHO.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We switched a league from CBS to Yahoo last year to save the money and switched back a couple weeks in because a few guys didn’t like that Yahoo doesn’t send notification of every move and they didn’t like how’ve the live updates worked.

I think they were dumb. We got a discount to come back but would have rather had that money in the prize pool.

cjericho likes this.
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

In an email? They can't check the league page transactions? I wasn't even aware that CBS send notification and yahoo didn't, just always check the transactions.

Draft saved Draft deleted