1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am back too.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Do the two game 163s count in our standings?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know. Technically, those are regular-season games, but I'm not sure how Yahoo handles it.

It looks like the Janitors have enough of a lead regardless, but that is a very good question.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Answer appears to be no Monday, season done!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll come back if the format changes to weekly format.

6. outofplace

We will discuss potential rule changes and bring some to a vote.

If you are determined to walk if you don't get your way, please find your fantasy baseball fix elsewhere. I really don't mean for that to sound harsh, so I apologize if it came out that way. I don't believe it is fair for owners to try to influence league decisions that way.

To be clear, I'm not turning anybody away. All 12 members from this season are welcome to return.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He’s not alone in wishing for some kind of week to week version. I didn’t see his post as anything more than making one valid suggestion.

As I said months ago, most of the league was way out of it. To pay attention anyway is what should be done, and most did, but the downside is several members probably had little to play for, might not be back, and you don’t want a yearly revolving door of owners. That’s not healthy for the league long term.

I don’t think you meant it too be too harsh, but a message of don’t let the door hit you in the ass isn’t helpful. Steer clear of doing that and listen to all ideas.

I’m on the fence.

8. outofplace

I don't want to turn this into a big thing, but I do want to be clear here. I listen to all ideas. I've been nothing but flexible. I was also nothing but courteous in my response. I think a weekly format is worth considering. I had the same thought when it was two teams contending and everybody else seemingly buried.

In my response to Songbird, I made sure to avoid language such as "don't let the door hit you in the ass." I want input from the league. That's why I asked for it. I even went out of my to make sure he and everyone else knew that all 12 current members are welcome back.

That said, I read his post as an attempt to set terms, not a suggestion. If I read that wrong, as I wrote above, I apologize. It is still worth saying that I don't think anybody should be writing that we have to make a rule change he wants or he will quit.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, awesome season. I am in for another roto season but if a weekly head-to-head thing is what the majority wants I am cool with that too. Thanks to OOP for running it and all who played.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm in. Congrats to the winner.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. outofplace

Thank you and congrats.

12. outofplace

I got an email from Yahoo telling me the league will automatically renew next week. All 12 owners from last year are invited to return. Please let me know either way so I an figure out what to do about season two.

Draft saved Draft deleted