1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New England SJ.commers, about this weather

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Nov 3, 2007.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

In our corner of the world we were bracing for storms of biblical proportions, even to the point where a few high school championship games were called off. So far, raindrops. Just a few. This is such a letdown.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

not in New England, but I feel your pain. Lots of foreboding clouds, a little rain here and there, and lots of wind, but nothing major at all.

And for the 10,928th time, my mother-in-law's forecast of doom was off.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No letdown here. Not one cloud in the sky. Nearly 70.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I played rugby this afternoon just outside of Concord, N.H. It didn't start raining until the second half.
    BTW, I played for a team from Canada that was short a few guys.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

A beautiful, wind-blown rainy day here in SE CT.

If I don't have outdoor plans, this is ideal weekend weather, at least for one day. Too bad it wasn't snow. :)

6. Something just landed in my front yard.
    Don't want to go look just yet.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yeah...it's pouring here in northern New England. Sometimes it may suck to be on an island with a hurricane coming up the coast.

8. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

We're getting laced in Atlantic Canada. Heavy winds and rain. No power outages...yet.

9. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Had our football game postponed from Saturday to Sunday at 2 p.m.

Let's all pray that the DVR is working at 4 p.m. for another game, since I'll be working for a couple hours after our game ends.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

New Hampshire postponed its high school soccer championships scheduled for today and pushed them back to Monday -- even though at least two of the games are being played on turf.

Massachusetts postponed a bunch of soccer and field hockey tournament games, and a lot of schools canceled football on Saturday (thankfully most stuff was Friday night).

Since Sunday is not an optimal makeup day due to Pats-Colts, I'm guessing some stuff has been pushed/will be pushed to Monday.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, but she'll always have you...

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I began tailgating at Rentschler Field for the Rutgers-UConn game at 3 p.m. My nutz were frozen by 3:02 p.m.

Carving and eating a 15-pound ham in the rain and a 40 mph wind out of the northeast is not all the kids hype it up for.

Thankfully the rain didn't last long, and it was just the wind you had to contend with. And, the home team certainly helped things out.

Draft saved Draft deleted