1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New email help!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I have just set up a new gmail account because my Yahoo-based account with AT&T is ending with the cancellation of my home phone.

The problem I am having is importing all my contacts and old mail into the new account. I go to settings, Import Mail and Contact Type in the old address i.e. brooklyn@sbcglobal.net and it then asks for the password.

Then it keeps kicking me back saying Gmail could not identify POP Server. The password should work. Any help in syncing up the two would be appreciated.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think the problem is Yahoo hosting your ISP e-mail account. Server names are screwed up. Look under help for your Yahoo-based account to see what the POP server is.

Otherwise, you'll have to export your contacts in Yahoo Mail and import that file into Gmail. Then you have to forward your old e-mail to your new account.

Draft saved Draft deleted