1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New "Deadliest Catch" season begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Now this is reality TV.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Not a chance I'm letting this fall off the first page without a reply...not after that job link you posted. I owe you this much.

Besides, I like that show for some reason.

3. Inky_Wretch

Hey, Dutch Harbor is on an island. Maybe you should move up there, assume an alias and start working on a crab boat.

;D

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'm always up for an adventure, but there's three things in life I'll never try. One of them is working on a crab boat while Mike Rowe narrates my day.

5. Inky_Wretch

OK, I have to ask ... what are the other two?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love this show. Been watching all the reruns the past week or two and can't wait to see what this season has in store.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Heroin and a dude.

Got no problem with people who do, though.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Those are three on my list as well PO. It takes a certain type of guy to work on one of those boats. He almost has to be as crazy as someone who looks at a heroin addict for the first time and thinks that might be a fun way to spend the rest of his life.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hell yeah! I LOVE this show!

I'm also looking forward to the return of Ice Road Truckers. It's supposed to start sometime in the early summer, from what I've read.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Doesn't it defeat the purpose if they start Ice Road Truckers in the summer?

11. EE94

EE94 Guest

Count me as a fan of the show. For the life of her my wife can't figure out why I like this show, and I'm not sure myself, I'm just drawn to it - that hard labour, job well done satisfaction.

I worked a couple of harvests picking tobacco and its back-breaking work, but I still feel proud I was able to do it

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I love the show as well.. .and I think part of the popularity at least comes from how they keep featuring the same crews, particularly those on the Northwestern and Cornelia Marie. Some crazy ducks, to be sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted