1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New cell phones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 15, 2009.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

For what it's worth, if you order a phone off the Verizon Wireless website, you get the discount right away and don't have to wait several weeks for a rebate. Yeah, you gotta wait a few days before the phone arrives at your house, but it saves you from dealing with the hassle of filing for a rebate.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Loves my Palm Pre.

Supposedly Verizon is getting it within the next couple of months. Right now it's only Sprint. I had wanted to wait until Verizon had it, but my old phone finally gave out.

No complaints so far - coverage certainly isn't an issue.

I had some random guys I met on a train do a side-by-side comparison of the iPhone and Pre, and the Pre won-- even the iPhone guy admitted it.

What sold me is the normal keyboard that isn't a touchscreen. I can't deal with that shit.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Blackberry or nothing.

I'm getting my Tour in 3 weeks.

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

When you order online, as long as it isn't a Thursday or Friday, you get the phone in two days. And that added discount is great. If you don't see the phone you want as a available, you need to call them and figure out how to upgrade your line, by the way. Then you can still order the phone online, and you can defer it so you pay it with your next month's bill, if you really want.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to a silly Blackberry Curve a month or two ago. Love it.

A friend has the Palm Pre with Sprint and I loved that, too. Didn't know it was coming to Verizon. Bitter.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

son has the Palm Pre. Likes it a lot.

I just got an iPhone. Love it.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

iPhone owner for about 1.5 years. Amazing toy. The best feature is the ability to bounce between applications very quickly. Screen clarity is amazing on videos and photos.

Quick charging also.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm starting my 3rd year with Virgin (formerly Helio) Mobile. It's not so bad. QWERTY keyboard with fat keys, 3G, good plans ($99 for unlimited calls, texts, Internet) and all the other bells and whistles.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I still have a crappy Nokia that refuses to die.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Despite the negative press, I have a Blackberry Storm and freaking love it.

It needed a bunch of software updates right after I got it, but other than that, it does everything I want.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Space - tighten it up a bit and I think you can get a haiku out of your post.

12. Ed Puskas

Ed Puskas New Member

I know some people are in love with their iPhones, but I just ditched mine in favor of a Samsung Propel.

It was purely a cost-cutting move. Between losing the iPhone data package ($30), Internet access for my daughter's phone ($15) and scaling back on our minutes from 2,100 to 700 ($40), I trimmed $85 from our monthly wireless bill.

Do I really need to check e-mail and Facebook every hour or so by phone? No.

My daughter can still text all her friends 30.9 times per day (the average last month) and I've been texting more of late instead of using minutes, so it's all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted